I remember gaining weight after I gave birth to my unico hijo. I experienced severe back pains and thigh pains. The doctor told me that this is because my lower back or lumbar area has difficulty in supporting the weight of my upper body. My thigh was also diagnosed with “Meralgia Paresthetica." I experienced severe pain, sometimes numbness or tingling burning sensation on my thighs. The worst part is, it caused me to have ugly CELLULITE. I can no longer wear my favorite bikini because of it.
My doctor said overweight people tend to have more cellulite. The more fats you have underneath your skin, the more it is likely to put stress on the connective tissue and bulge out of its weak spots. It also happens to those that are physically fit but are more prone or noticeable to those who are overweight. He said the best solution to all of my health issues and CELLULITE self-esteem issues is to lose weight.
So, I started to cut down oily and salty foods as recommended by my doctor. I was asked to eat more fruits and vegetables and also to do exercise. As I started to lose weight, I have less attack on HYPOKALEMIA (potassium deficiency) and even less back and thigh pain. Now that I have lost 10 kilos, my cellulite worries have also improved. It has become less visible. I am doing research and trying several products that can help improve the appearance of the dumpling and lumping on my skin. Let me share with you what I have found out on how to get rid of cellulite on thighs and other parts of your body.
This is the dumpling or lumping appearance on the skin. Cellulite is one of the physical symptoms of obesity. Cellulite is the term given to a skin condition wherein you see visible stretch marks.
1. Women have the high tendency on getting cellulite compared to men. This is because women tend to have more fat on the hips and thighs.
2. Cellulite is more prone to women ages to 25 and above. As women age, the release of estrogen also lessens. Estrogen is a type of hormones that keep the blood vessels flowing smoothly all throughout the body. This also means productions of less collagen which keeps the skin plump and elastic.
3. Cellulite can be a genetic condition. If you notice that it runs in the family, then this can be an issue for you too.
4. Another fact on cellulite is that exercise can reduce the appearance of cellulite on the skin. Burning those fats or losing weight to tone down muscles can help in improving skin condition. Toning or firming the muscles on your body helps in tightening the skin which can enhance the appearance of bulging fats or cellulite.
5. Non-invasive procedures work in tightening the skin or improving the appearance of cellulite or stretch marks.
6. Some foods can fight or even prevent cellulite. Eating a balanced diet can keep you healthy and fit. Drinking lots of water is also important to have super hydrated skin. Eating more fruits and vegetables is recommended especially for the following: cucumbers, radishes, tomatoes and even bell peppers.
1. Cellulite only happens to overweight or out of shape of people. This is just a myth. It can happen to all people in shapes and sizes.
2. Cardio is the best exercise to lose weight and cellulite. Not true. Other aerobic exercises also help in toning the body that can lessen or improve the cellulite on the skin.
3. Skin firming creams can cure cellulite. This is a myth. Using the creams alone will not eliminate the cellulite.
4. Liposuction can cure cellulite. This can make the fat distribution even worst that can cause the outside appearance to have cellulite even more.
5. Toxins in your body cause cellulite. Cellulite has different causes. It can be caused when connective tissues are weakened by hormones, lack of exercise and poor circulation.
6. Wearing tight clothing cures cellulite. When you exercise and wear tight clothing can have a negative impact on the circulation of blood flow in the body. Tight underwear can contribute to the appearance of cellulite.
There can be a lot of factors that can cause cellulite. This appears mostly when there is a sudden change in the fat distribution and metabolism resulting in a shift in the structure of fat cells and connective tissues. These sudden changes can be hormonal.
Reduction of estrogen can cause the collagen development in the body to decrease too. Collagen keeps the skin elastic and supple. High level of insulin can also make the body stimulates fats all throughout the body. Other hormones such as noradrenaline, thyroid hormone, and prolactin can aggravate body and health condition.
The symptoms most of the time are the formation of cellulite. Another factor is prolonged sitting. This affects the normal circulation of blood that in turn can cause cellulite. Smokers also have high chances of getting the dumpling skin or orange peel skin.
Cellulite appears on stomach, buttocks but mostly in the thigh area. Treating it right away, as early as possible, is the best way to minimize its appearance as it gets worse with age.
Below are the recommended treatments on how to get rid of cellulite on thighs:
Cayenne pepper can cause the body to heat up. This also helps in improving blood circulation and boosting metabolism.
Exfoliating the skin with caffeine is an effective way of improving the skin's texture. The scrub clears the dead skin and also helps in generating new skin. This is also an excellent antioxidant which is good for the skin.
By mixing juniper oil with olive oil and massaging it to your thigh or cellulite affected area, it will make your skin soft and smooth.
After a bath and then brushing your skin regularly with fiber brush, you will notice your skin visibly smooth and soft.
Drinking apple cider can help in reducing the cellulite by losing weight. This has the presence of magnesium, potassium, and calcium. This is one effective natural drink to lose weight and in turn, reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Doing daily exercise can improve health. This can help in toning and be firming the muscled which gives your skin a healthy glow. Losing weight can cause the cellulite less noticeable.
Below are also the products that I recommend that helped me on my journey on lessening the cellulite on the stomach and most especially on my thighs:
This amazing device uses red light technology. It is portable and is very safe. Combining the red light and heat, this can break down skin level fat tissues that can potentially improve the skin condition against cellulite. The stretch marks, especially on the thigh areas, are now just red marks. There is also an instruction manual on how to effectively use Strialite.
The coffee scrub can reduce the appearance of cellulite. Caffeine stimulates dilation while the scrubbing motion increases circulation and can make the skin to appear plump and cellulite less visible. This product also has Cacao Coconut Shea butter which got loads of antioxidants.
This was initially made as a lotion for pregnant women. This product is highly recommended for pregnant women to ease stretch marks and make the skin super smooth. It has a very light smell that won’t aggravate pregnant women. This is perfect for after pregnancy too.
Avance is one great find too. This machine uses IPL technology to improve the appearance of stretch marks and can even reduce or improve scars.
With exercise and balanced diet, this can improve your health and make your skin better. Partner it with the best products that I have mentioned, and you would notice an improvement on making the skin smoother with less noticeable cellulite. For better and fast results, you must use the Avance Beauty Professional Salon Scar and Stretch Mark Reduction and Diminishing Machine twice a week after a bath. This can diminish those unwanted stretch marks. Use the Strialite every night before going to sleep or as often as you can. Notice the improvement on your skin in no time. This can help the cellulite improve or the skin to have better texture and glow. Every bath, use the coffee scrubs on your stomach or problem areas. Get rid of those unwanted dead skin cells to help your skin regenerate a new one. Apply the Earth Mama Belly butter as a lotion to make your skin super smooth. These products are effective when regularly used. This will surely diminish that unwanted cellulite in no time.
Now you know how to get rid of cellulite on thighs and other parts of your body. You’re welcome! LOL *winks*