Do you love a creamy macaroni salad with mixed fruits? Or maybe you would love to try a new taste of macaroni salad on that shiny white porcelain mini-platter of yours?
Well, one of the yummiest pasta recipes that never fails to delight a pasta lovers taste buds is that creamy macaroni salad mixed with fruits. It usually comes with the usual fruit in a fruit cocktail can plus the crunch of apple slices. But more often, we wanted to have a new taste of pasta than the usual that we eat. Explore and be delighted. That is what a real pasta lover is!
Trying the hardest to achieve such, I have the pride to say that I made it! Not actually a unique idea of making macaroni salads but reading a lot of recipe blogs and watching different cooking videos, I came to learn what’s best to combine, mix and whisk all together.
Maybe I can call it Corn & Mushroom Macaroni Salad. Hahaha. Just kidding but it may somehow.
So to start with, the ingredients needed are:
750 ml of water
450 grams elbow macaroni
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 can slice button mushroom
1 cup whole corn kernel
4 cups mildly cooked ham slices ( about 1 sq.cm)
4 hard-boiled eggs
½ cup sandwich spread
3 cups mayonnaise
2 cups grated cheese
2 cups pineapple slices
1 cup milk cream
Dash of fine salt, pepper powder, and basil
Getting all ready. Let us start by cooking the pack of elbow macaroni.
1. Boil 750 ml of water. You can make it lesser than that or more than it as long as the pasta will be well boiled.
2. Upon boiling, add 1 tsp of salt and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Then, add all the pasta.
3. Stir occasionally until it firmly softens.
4. Remove from heat, then, transfer it in a big strainer or colander. Do not throw the water. We can use it later.
5. Wash it with running tap water. Let it sit until no more water droppings.
To prepare the egg spread:
1. Bring the water back to heat to boil the eggs this time.
2. Upon boiling, add all the eggs. Have it hard-boiled.
3. Drain the water then soak the eggs with a tap or cold water.
4. When the shell cools down, you can peel it off then mash it in a separate bowl.
5. Add 2 cups of mayonnaise. Mix well until mayo is well distributed.
6. Dash some fine salt and pepper powder.
7. Mix well then, set aside.
To prepare the salad:
1. Surely, the elbow macaroni is well drained this time. So, prepare your mixing bowl for the transfer.
2. Add the egg spread and all other remaining ingredients. Make sure to leave a cup of grated cheese for topping.
3. Mix softly, evenly and creamily.
4. Dash some dried basil if you and your family love the herbal tick of a taste.
***Feel free to add some cream, cheese, button mushroom slices, pineapple slices, and square sliced ham to satisfy your preference.
Now that it’s ready for serving! Have fun and enjoy your delicious pasta.
#filipinofood #travelasia #macaroni #momsathome #musthave