If you don’t know, spaghetti before was used to refer the type of pasta and not a recipe itself. It is one of the oldest types of pasta that has been traced to have been consumed since the start of the Roman Empire. It is made like with most other pasta which is from flour and wheat with some salt and water. The process is fairly simple, easy and cheap. That’s possible one of the reasons why it has been so popular since the early historical years up to this day. Of course, processing it today has been made easy with so many breaks and advancement with technology. Now, we can easily enjoy a meal of it with our own favorite spaghetti sauce recipe and other different pasta recipes all around the world.
Our childhood memories wouldn’t be that great and awesome if we haven’t had the taste of the best spaghetti our mom usually makes. And even when we’re now adults and old, we still enjoy a breakfast, lunch or dinner treat of any spaghetti recipes available today. It can be as simple as spaghetti sauce with diced hot dogs or can be a mouthful with some large meatball toppings and cheese.
Regardless of which, here is some wonderful, easy-to-prepare, spaghetti sauce recipe for your spaghetti pasta.
Recipe 1: Ground beef – Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
500 grams of ground beef
1 to 2 onions depending on size
4 cloves of minced garlic
2 teaspoons of basil (dried)
1 bell pepper (diced, green)
2 teaspoons oregano (dried)
800 grams of tomatoes (dried)
6 ounce of tomato paste
16 ounce of tomato sauce
1. First, you need to prepare your ingredients by starting to chop, dice or mince each according to the recipe.
2. Take out a large saucepan and start heating it.
3. Once heated, put the ground beef and stir gently to break it up until it starts turning brown.
4. Next is to add the onion, garlic and green pepper. Stir it again until all the meat has turned brown.
5. Keep stirring about a few minutes or at least 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
6. Take out excess oil or grease extracted from the meat.
7. Add the diced tomatoes with the tomato sauce and tomato paste.
8. Stir again until perfectly mixed.
9. Season with oregano, basil, salt, and pepper depending on taste preference.
10. Served best with spaghetti pasta or any types of pasta would do.
Recipe 2: Simple Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
1 chopped onion
2 chopped green onion
2 teaspoons of garlic (crushed)
28 ounce can of tomatoes (peeled and diced)
The great thing about this spaghetti sauce recipe is that it’s healthy and no meat which works for different people with different dietary preference. It’s all made from tomatoes and vegetables which make it very easy and fast to prepare.
1. Begin by heating a saucepan and pouring about 2 teaspoons of olive oil using medium heat.
2. Once the oil is heated, start putting the chopped onion, chopped green onions, crushed garlic and sauté or stir until the vegetables are soft. This process will also create a nice aroma for your sauce.
3. Add the can of peeled and diced tomato and add a teaspoon of white sugar, about 4 teaspoons of dried basil and some dried oregano. You can also put in fresh vegetables but on a lower ratio of 1 fresh to 3 dried as it is more potent than dried.
4. Stir the all the ingredients in the saucepan until well-mixed.
5. As an optional ingredient which is not included in our list of ingredients for this recipe, you can add a can of tomato paste to thicken the sauce.
6. Season the well-mixed sauce with salt and pepper depending on your preference or to taste.
7. Let it simmer for about 10 - 20 minutes.
8. Serve it on top of spaghetti or just about any types of pasta.
Recipe 3: Italian Homemade Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
1 pound ground meat (lean)
Ground black pepper
1 Cup of bread crumbs (fresh)
6 ounces tomato paste
Grated parmesan cheese
1 egg (beaten)
5 cloves minced garlic
2 cans of peeled tomatoes (28 ounce each)
1. Place the meat into a large mixing bowl and add a cup of breadcrumbs, a tablespoon of dried parsley, a tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese, a quarter teaspoon of ground black pepper, a quarter teaspoon of garlic powder, and add a single, beaten egg.
2. Using your hand, mix all the ingredients and the meat until it’s thoroughly mixed and equal on all parts.
3. Once done, take some and put it on the palm of your hand and start shaping the meatballs, round, of about 12 pieces depending on the size of the meatball you want.
4. After, put the meatballs into a pan and cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate to chill.
5. Next is to make the sauce for your spaghetti and meatball. Heat a saucepan and put a quarter cup of olive oil.
6. If heated, put the onion and add the garlic and sauté over low heat.
7. Add the 2 cans of peeled tomatoes along with 2 teaspoons of salt, a teaspoon of white sugar, a bay leaf for aroma. Cover the saucepan and maintain a low heat setting.
8. After an hour or so, when the tomatoes start to produce a saucy liquid, add the tomato paste, ¾ teaspoon of dried basil, half teaspoon black pepper and stir.
9. A while when the sauce starts to thicken, one by one, slowly add the meatballs and simmer for at least 30 minutes to cook.
10. Serve! It works as a spaghetti sauce recipe or any pasta you want.
All the recipes are great, but recipe 2 which is the simple spaghetti sauce recipe works best as it requires less effort in preparation and it’s pretty easy to make. The sauce also doesn’t contain any meat but still has the sweet and tasty flavor where you can enjoy a healthy treat for any dietary preference.
Here are some sauce mixes you can use for your recipe:
CUCINA ANTICA Gourmet Pasta Sauce
First is the Cucina Antica pasta sauce. It is a gourmet sauce that can be used to create different spaghetti or pasta sauces. It is a pack of 3 jars where each jar weighs about 24 ounces each. The great thing about this sauce is that it doesn’t need you to add sugar, water or paste. It is a ready-to-use sauce that’s already prepared on the right thickness, sweetness, and consistency. It uses imported Italian tomatoes which are fairly rare among other brands of sauces. The product is gluten-free and credited to be Non-GMO food ingredients with no additives or preservatives.
PREGO Italian Pasta Sauce
This is the Prego traditional pasta sauce. Prego is known to create so many good sauces and seasonings for all types of dishes. It is an Italian sauce that can be used for different pasta dishes. The bottle is very affordable at about 3 ounces. It has a sweet and enjoyable flavor made from ripened tomatoes fresh out of the vineyard. It is mixed with other healthy and nutritious herbs where half a cup would compensate to about 40 percent of your daily vegetable consumption. It is a pasta sauce that requires less preparation or can be used with just some minor cooking adjustment for all your pasta cravings.
MCCORMICK Thick And Zesty Spaghetti Sauce Mix
If you’re looking for small pouches or sachets of delicious and tasty spaghetti sauce recipe mix, this McCormick spaghetti sauce is one of the best. It is an easy-made spaghetti sauce that requires no preparation or cooking. It can instantly be used for your spaghetti pasta and optionally add some grated cheese on top, and you’re good to go. You can also try to add some ingredients and let the sauce simmer to a hot saucepan as it works either way. The pack contains 12 cases or sachets where it is made with no artificial flavors, cholesterol, MSG and other dangerous substances.
YO MAMA’S FOODS Marinara Magnifica Award-Winning Gourmet Pasta Sauce
Final sauce mix is from Yo Mama’s Food. It is a pack of 2 jars, about 25 ounces each. It is an award-winning pasta sauce applicable for many types of pasta dishes, including spaghetti. The bottle of sauce is preservative-free and does not contain any artificial flavorings. It’s also gluten-free for those who have some protein preference and certified non-GMO ingredients which means all that’s in the sauce mix are quality and fresh. It’s already prepared with some herbs and spices. You can use it with or without any added preparations. Additionally, this sauce can be used as a pizza sauce or for lasagna.
For the spaghetti sauce mix pack, I highly recommend the McCormick ready-to-use spaghetti sauce for convenience and versatility. The sauce mix can be used right away to give you a nice spaghetti treat, and it can also be prepared in a saucepan and add your favorite ingredients, vegetables, and herbs.