Back in the old days of Italy, in the 18th century, the pizza was thought of as a cheap meal for peasants and lower class people. Royalties and other higher standard people would mock the dish and would barely have a taste at it. Things, however, started to change when the king and queen of Italy were presented with an excellent pizza dish by one of the popular bakers and was impressed not only with the taste but also by the presentation of the pizza as it has different colors and delicious appeal.
I can still remember the first time I tried eating a frozen pizza. It’s a long story, but to summarize it all, I never looked back since then. Haha! Here are some of the best-frozen pizzas I’ve tried from Amazon.
For a quick and easy prep pizza at home, enjoy this 12 count of pizza that weighs about 20 ounces each. It is an original-made from Tombstone. It is such a wonderful pizza delight that requires just a few minutes to cook and requires no preparation. The product is a ready-to-eat pizza that’s refrigerated and allows you to enjoy a quick meal of pizza any time in any day. It’s a great way to stock up your kitchen with some foods for spontaneous occasions such as with visiting friends, parties, too lazy to cook or not enough time to prepare.
This is a French bread pizza singles from Red Baron. It is a simple cheese and pepperoni pizza about 10 to 11 ounces that come in 12 cases. It is a frozen food product that allows you to store and stock up your kitchen supplies without spoilage. The food doesn’t require preparation and only takes up a few minutes to cook in an oven or microwave. It is made with a French bread crust that has a nice texture of crispiness in the outside layer while still being soft and chewy on the inside. It is topped with thick cheese and nicely cured pepperonis for that meaty and juicy, cheesy taste.
This is a dozen pack or count rising pizza crust from DiGiorno. The great thing about this pizza is that the crust rises thick but still has that extra crispy texture while being able to remain soft in the inside layer. The product is delivered frozen and is greatly advised to keep in a refrigerated room or area in your kitchen. The pizza has a thick topping of tomato sauce, cheese and large slices of deliciously cured pepperonis. It comes in 12 packs or counts where each weighs about 28 ounces ensuring that the product is fully packed and rich with ingredients at a great price.
If you’re looking for a cheap and affordable pizza yet is still delicious enough, comes in good size, weight and with cheesy and meaty ingredients, then check out this party pizza from Totino’s. Not like other frozen pizza, this one has thin crust, guaranteed to create a very crispy crust once cooked in an oven or a microwave. The pizza is topped with thick cheese with a lot of bacon and ground pork. It is great for home parties, quick home meal, or friends visiting or coming over. Once ordered, the product can’t be cancel once it has been processed.
Another great thin crust pizza to check out is Tony’s pepperoni pizza. It features a pizzeria style pizza crust. The product is topped with real cheese melted in a nice thick and sticky texture. It also has real tomato sauce and pepperoni cured nicely and deliciously. The product comes in 16 cases or packs where each one weighs about 18 ounces. Each pizza is 30% larger as an added bonus. For a few minutes cooking in the oven or microwave, you’d have nice slices of pizza with crispy crust, great for a quick meal, parties, watching movies or any other occasions.
Just for a quick fun fact, did you know that just in the US, there are over 60 thousand pizzerias or pizza outlets on all states? That implies that the Italian dish is one of the popular foods in the U.S.
Quarter ounce yeast (dry)
A cup of water (warm)
A tablespoon of fresh basil (chopped)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
3 and a half cups of flour (all-purpose)
A tablespoon of olive oil
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 pinch sugar (white)
4 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
2 cups of cheese (mozzarella, shredded)
Quarter cup red pepper (roasted)
Quarter cup black olives (sliced)
A cup of tomatoes (chopped)
A quarter cup of tomato sauce
A half cup of olive oil
A teaspoon of garlic (minced)
1. Take out a moderate size mixing bowl and pour in a cup of warm water and add a quarter ounce of yeast along with the pinch of sugar. Make sure that the water is at least 110 degrees so that it could fairly mix your dough ingredients.
2. Let the yeast evenly dissolve in water by stirring thoroughly for a couple of minutes.
3. If the mixture is a little bit thick and rocky, add a mixture of kosher salt together with the tablespoon of olive oil, and about 3 and a half cups of all-purpose flour. Mix them all for a couple of minutes by stirring thoroughly using a spatula until the mixture forms to a dough.
4. On to a flat surface that’s lightly covered with flour, take out the dough from the mixing bowl and knead for about 8 to 10 minutes. Once smooth and mixed, put the dough back into an oiled mixing bowl and cover it by a kitchen cloth and set aside on a warming area, allowing it to expand and rise for at least an hour.
5. After a short while, take out the dough and put it on a flat surface and punch it in the middle to create a bowl-like shape, enough to put in other ingredients.
6. Add the minced garlic along with the fresh basil, and knead for a few minutes and place it back on the mixing bowl until it expands and rises again. Set aside.
7. Take a small bowl and pour in half cup of olive oil along with the garlic and put it in the microwave for a few seconds and set aside.
8. Once the size of the dough has doubled, take it out of the bowl and punch it down flat and divide it in half.
9. Take on half and shape it into an oblong and flatten it using a pizza roller.
10. Start heating up the grill and brush it with oil and place the dough on the grill once it’s hot enough.
11. Carefully flip the dough side to side while brushing it with the garlic/olive oil mixture you had earlier.
12. While half-cooked on the grill, place your toppings by starting off with the tomato sauce spread evenly.
13. Add the sliced tomatoes, black olives, red pepper, and the cheese. Finish it with a nice topping of fresh basil.
13. Close the grill until cooked or the cheese melts.
14. Take out the pizza, serve and enjoy!
2 tablespoon of chives (fresh, chopped)
4 ounces cheese (provolone, sliced)
2 and a half ounces crumbled gorgonzola cheese
1 Bosc pear, (sliced, thin)
2 ounces walnuts (chopped)
1 refrigerated pizza dough (16 ounces)
1. First, you need to do some kneading with the dough. Take it out and place it on a flat surface sprinkled with flour.
2. Need it for a short while and start shaping a large flat circle, gently and neatly.
3. Start preheating the oven to about 450 degrees while you prepare the toppings.
4. Place the dough into an oven pan and first add the slices of provolone cheese followed by the slices of pears, gorgonzola cheese, walnuts, and place it inside the oven to bake for about 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Once cooked, top with freshly chopped chives, slice and serve!
When it comes to pizza, each person has their preference of toppings and crust. However, these products are frozen and taking out of the fridge or altering or changing temperatures might cause it to defrost. A thick crust pizza would most likely absorb some of the water from defrosting and would result in a saggy pizza instead of having a crispy crust. That’s why I highly recommend the Totinos Canadian Style Bacon Party Pizza or the Tonys Pizzeria Style Pizza as they are made with a thin crust with delicious flavors. Not to mention that one of them uses bacon and ground pork instead of your casual pepperoni cheese pizza.