The secret behind a perfect, mouth-watering cabonara lies in the balance of the cheese, eggs, pork, and pasta. Carbonara requires only a few ingredients, that is why it is important that they be high quality in order to make this dish stand out. Nevertheless, the secret is tossing beaten eggs with hot pasta off the heat in order for the eggs to thicken into a velvety sauce without scrambling them. And, remember to serve it immediately while it is very hot.
Also, perhaps you wanna try this authentic Italian carbonara recipe. Check out this recipe below:
- 1 lb. of dried spaghetti, linguine, or bucatini
- 1/2 tablespoons of guanciale or pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 4 ounces of finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (about 3-1/2 cups using a rasp grater)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. First, boil water in a large pot. Then, add the pasta and 2 tablespoons of salt and cook until al dente, or according to the package instruction (stir often to prevent sticking).
2. Under a medium heat, cook the guanciale or pancetta and olive oil in a 12-inch skillet while stirring occasionally until golden brown (approximately 3-5 minutes). Then, remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl whisk the eggs, Parmigiano, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper until well mixed. Then, slowly whisk in 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water.
4. After draining the pasta, add it to the skillet and then quickly pour in the egg mixture while tossing the mixture continuously with tongs, until the pasta is well coated (approximately 15 to 30 seconds).
5. Serve hot and sprinkle additional pepper accroding to your taste. Don't forget share and enjoy!
#carbonararecipe #authenticitaliancuisine #food #pasta #whitespaghetti #yummy