Spicy Black Pepper Shrimps with Udon Noodles – Noodles and shrimps with lots of yummy veggies and a super delish sauce is the perfect meal for your family.
2 servings of fresh Udon noodles or 8 oz of dry Udon noodles
12 medium shrimps - deveined and shelled
2 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
1/2 small red onion - thinly sliced
1 cup sugar snap peas
1/2 carrot diced or sliced
1/2 red bell pepper cut into strips
1 cup baby corn cut into 1-inch pieces
salt to taste
For the Sauce
1/2 tablespoon black peppercorns
3 tablespoon of light soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon oyster sauce
3 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon cornstarch
- In a large bowl mix the shrimps with 1 tsp sugar and a dash of salt and black pepper. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, put all of the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Blanch Udon noodles in boiling water for about 1-2 minutes or if using dry noodles cook. Drain well and immediately rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a frying pan or wok on medium heat. Add in the shrimp, and cook on one side until they turn pink.
- Flip the shrimps over, and cook until pink. Remove shrimps and set aside.
- With the same pan, heat another 1 tbsp of butter on medium heat and saute garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Toss in onion and sugar snap peas, and cook for about a minute.
- Then add in baby corn, carrots and bell pepper and stir-fry for another minute. Add in 1 or 2 tbsp of water if it gets too dry.
- Cook quickly to ensure the vegetables keep their fresh color and are tender-crisp.
- Mix in the Udon noodles and the sauce ingredients. Toss briefly to combine, then add in the cooked shrimp.
- Turn up the heat and stir-fry the mixture quickly until everything is well mixed.
- Season with salt as needed. Sprinkle a bit more crushed black pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Spicy Shrimps Coconut Milk and Veggies infusion. Big on taste, big on flavor!
2 cups squash, cut into 2-inch chunks
2 cups long beans, ends trimmed and cut into 3-inch lengths
1/2 lb large shrimps (about 7 to 8 pieces), tendrils trimmed
2 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
2 cups coconut milk
1 banana chili
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
salt to taste
- In a large pot, preheat the oil over medium heat.
- Saute onions and garlic until limp. Add fish sauce and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk and add chili. Bring to a gentle boil and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add squash and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes. Add long beans and continue to cook for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add shrimps and continue to cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until squash is softened long beans are tender yet crisp and shrimps have changed color.
- Season with salt to taste.
#asianfood #shrimps #spicy #veggies